HOME IS WHERE We Share Recipes
– 3 yuccas, and plantains (green and ripe)
– 3 lbs. of beef (cecina)
– 2 tomatoes and onions
– half of a head of cabbage
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 onion
– 1/2 cup orange juice
– banana leaves (to cover the large pot)
Put a little salt, the orange juice, garlic, chopped onion and leave it marinating for two to three days or put it on a string in the sun.
- Once the meat is ready, peel yucca and green bananas, cut the bananas in half. Cut the onion and tomatoes in large slices.
- Using a large pot, cover the bottom of the pot with banana leaves so that when water is added at the end, none leaks in. Then place the cassava around the bottom of the pot, attempting to get a hole in the center. We then add the green plantains, then add the ripe ones on top. In the remaining hole, place the meat and add onion and tomatoes. Close the leaves around of all the ingredients, adding more leaves to the top if necessary. Around the closed leaves, add three cups of water. Let boil for two hours, then lower the flame and let cook for two more. You can add more water if you need to.
- Serve it with cabbage and tomato salad on top.
Recipe 1: Rohan Vegetarian
Ingredients: Shao vegetable, bean starch noodles, red carrots, sweet bean, black fungus (a type of mushroom), and dry fungus
- Wash and boil the black fungus, then cut black fungus into filaments
- After the dry mushrooms are soaked, remove the stalk, and cut into pieces
- Wash the bean starch noodles
- Peel the carrots, cut into filaments
- Wash the Shao vegetables and cut into strips
- Peel off the edge of sweet bean and wash
- Add oil to fry black fungus and then add oyster sauce and half a bowl of boiled water until fragrant, and then add dry fungus, cook evenly
- Stir in carrots, then add sweet beans, Shao vegetable, fans, add a bowl of water, cook together, about 5-7 minutes, and then add salt, oyster sauce, cook evenly
Recipe 2: Steamed Ribs
- Wash the ribs and wipe off the water with paper towels
- Add salt, oyster sauce, sugar and marinate together for 2 to 3 hours
- Wash Fungus, add soy sauce, sugar, and mix well
- Then put ribs on the fungus for steaming
Recipe 3: A tip for steaming eggs
I like to add some bean starch noodles, fermented soybean and onion with the egg.
- Can of peaches – 4 cans (15 oz, Cling peaches)
- 2 cups of sugar
- vanilla flavor 2 tablespoons
- lemon flavor 1 tablespoon
- teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 square of butter
Step 1: Cook all together on top of stove for about 20 minutes. Pour all in a pan.
Step 2: Use Bisquick or make your own crust
3 cups of Bisquick, roll it out flat and cut into strips and place on top of the peaches until it covers. If you wish you may buy the crust already prepared.