TNDC has 33 buildings in the Tenderloin and surrounding San Francisco neighborhoods that provide safe, affordable homes for 3,600 of our city’s lowest income residents.
TNDC’s Impact on the Community
- Provide housing to 3,600 low-income seniors, families, people with disabilities, emancipated youth, and individuals. The formerly homeless make up about 25% of our residents, children make up 11%, and the elderly 40%.
- Employee approximately 319 people, including 25% who live or work in the Tenderloin District or adjacent neighborhoods.
- Engage 100 volunteers each year from 10+ companies including Adobe, BDO, Blackrock, Dolby, Fitness SF, NerdWallet, Salesforce, Yammer, and Zoosk.
- Maintain a tenant retention rate of 92%, which is among the best – if not the best – of any community development corporation in the nation.
- Give away 3,400 lbs in free and healthy food each year, grown through the TNDC Tenderloin People’s Garden and the four (4) rooftop gardens we maintain.
- Raise over $2M through a combination of grants, individual donations, and events from people who care about keeping San Francisco affordable for all its residents.
- Won’t you help us build a more inclusive city? How you can help.