TNDC has 31 building in the Tenderloin and surrounding San Francisco neighborhoods that provide safe, affordable home for 3,400 of San Francisco’s poorest residents.
TNDC provides comprehensive support services and community organizing activities that help tenants stabilize their lives and strengthen their neighborhoods.
TNDC’s Impact on the Community
- Provide housing to 3,400 low-income seniors, families, people with disabilities, emancipated youth, and individuals. The formerly homeless make up about 25% of our residents, children make up 11%, and the elderly 40%.
- Employee over 300 people, including 25% who live or work in the Tenderloin or adjacent neighborhoods.
- Engage 100 volunteers each year from 10+ companies including Adobe, BDO, Blackrock, Dolby, Fitness SF, NerdWallet, Salesforce, Yammer, Zoosk.
- Maintain a tenant retention rate of 92%, which is among the best – if not the best – of any community development corporation in the nation.
- Give away 3,400 lbs in free and healthy food each year, grown through the TNDC Tenderloin People’s Garden and the four (4) rooftop gardens we maintain.
- Raise over $2M through a combination of grants, individual donations, and events from people who care about keeping San Francisco affordable for all its residents.
- Won’t you help us build a more inclusive city?