Willie B. Kennedy – CLOSED Waitlist & FINAL Lottery
June 16, 2016|
Willie B. Kennedy Apartments
October 12th, FINAL Lottery Results:
- Results by Lottery Rank: WBK Lottery – Rank
- Results by Application Ticket #: WBK – Lottery by App#
- Results by City, Street Name, Applicant First Initial: WBK – Lottery by City Street
October 5th, PRELIMINARY Lottery Results:
WBK Preliminary Lottery Results – See Above
Final Results will be published by Wednesday, October 12th, 2016!
September 23rd, 2016 Lottery Update:
We wish to thank each and every applicant for your patience as we worked with the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to craft an appropriate implementation program for lottery preferences for the Willie B. Kennedy Apartments. We received a decision from HUD on Wednesday, September 21st, and can now proceed. The lottery will include a new preference category for applicants who live in census tracts at high risk of economic displacement. For more information about how the Anti-Displacement Housing Preference will be applied at Willie B. Kennedy, please read: ADHP Info Sheet.
The lottery for the Willie B. Kennedy Apartments is now scheduled for Wednesday, October 5th at 2:30PM in the Auditorium of Kelly Cullen Community located at 220 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102.
All households who submitted an application by the application deadline of 9/9/2016 will be entered into the lottery. The following preferences will be implemented in determining lottery results:
- First preference will be given to Households who have been displaced from units by government action or a presidentially declared disaster.
- Second preference will be given to Households in which one member holds a Certificate of Preference (COP) from the former Redevelopment Agency. More information is available online here: http://sfmohcd.org/certificate-preference.
- Third preference will be given to Households in which one member holds a Displaced Tenant Housing Preference (DTHP) Certificate from the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development, for up to 20% of the units in this project (19 units). More information about the DTHP Program can be found here: http://sfmohcd.org/displaced-tenant-housing-preference-program-0.
- Fourth preference will be given to Households located in census tracts at elevated risk of economic displacement, for up to 40% of the units in this project (39 units). Lottery applicants who qualify for this preference, the Anti-Displacement Housing Preference, are listed in the table attached to the Willie B. Kennedy posting. Census tracts that qualify for the preference are illustrated on the map (in the color purple) and the table attached to the Willie B. Kennedy posting.
- For more information about this preference, please see the Willie B. Kennedy posting here: http://sfmohcd.org/affordable-senior-rentals-willie-b-kennedy
- Lottery applicants who qualify for this preference, the Anti-Displacement Housing Preference, are listed in this table.
- Census tracts that qualify for the preference are illustrated on this map (in the color purple) and identified in this table.
- Please also see a summary of all the above preferences here: Willie B. Kennedy Preference Summary Sheet
September 21, 2016 Lottery Postponed:
*****We are postponing the housing lottery scheduled for this Wednesday, September 21st for the Willie B. Kennedy senior housing development. The federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is finalizing its decision on how preferences will be administered for this project – and until that decision has been made, we are unable to conduct the lottery. When a decision has been reached – and we anticipate a decision within days – we will contact applicants to advise of the new date and to provide updated information. We apologize for any inconvenience.*****
Application period ended: Friday, September 9, 2016 @ 5:00 PM
1239 Turk Street; SF, CA 94102
Subsidized Senior (62+) Housing Opportunity / Equal Housing Opportunity
CLOSED APPLICATION PERIOD – Application, Marketing Flyer, Selection Criteria and Lottery Information below:
- HOUSING APPLICATION – ENGLISH (Translations available: Chinese Spanish Tagalog )
- MARKETING FLYER – ENGLISH (Translations available below)
Willie B. Kennedy (WBK) – 1239 Turk Street – is a 98 unit, five story affordable senior housing development located at the corner of Turk and Webster streets in the Western Addition. The Project is constructed alongside an existing San Francisco Housing Authority senior building, Rosa Parks, which will be acquired by TNDC as a HUD Rental Assistance Demonstration project in 2016. The 32 studios and 65 one-bedroom units at 1239 Turk Street will be restricted to senior households earning less than 50% AMI. To help meet San Francisco’s Ten Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness, 20 units will be set aside for formerly homeless seniors. The Project also provides a variety of community spaces designed to accommodate a range of programs and needs for residents, including a large community room with a learning kitchen, a laundry room, two outdoor courtyard spaces, bike storage, and a resident lounge area. Primary financing sources include Silicon Valley Bank, NEF and Merritt as equity partners, HUD 202, Federal Home Loan Bank Affordable Housing Program, and the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development.
Willie B. Kennedy Apartments
|1239 Turk Street, San Francisco, CA 94115|
Number & Type of Units
|98 Subsidized Housing for Seniors (62+) that requires the Head of Household, Co-Head or Spouse to be at least 62 years of age.|
RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA – ENGLISH (Translations available below)
Number of Bedrooms
| 17 Studios (4 units with ADA accessibility features)|
60 One Bedrooms (4 units with ADA accessibility features)
| Studio Units are 340 square feet|
1 Bedroom Units range from 426 – 632 square feet
|Applicants needing these features will be given preference over applicants who do not indicate a need. These needs will be verified via third-party with a licensed medical professional following TNDC’s Reasonable Accommodation & Modification Policies & Procedures.|
*Applications received after the application deadline will not be accepted*
Starting Friday, August 19th, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Ending Friday, September 9th, 2016 – 5:00 PM
Available at 1239 Turk Street; San Francisco, CA 94115
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
***No applications are accepted via email or fax***
Did you miss our informational sessions? If so, please find our PowerPoint Presentation here: INFO SESSION PRESENTATION
Evening Session: Thursday, August 25th, 2016 @ 6:30 PM
Afternoon Session: Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 @ 1:30 PM
Location for both: 220 Golden Gate Ave; SF, CA 94102
NOW: Wednesday October 5, 2016 @ 2:30 PM
Location: 220 Golden Gate Ave; 2nd Floor Auditorium; SF, CA 94102
Applicants do not need to be present at the lottery. Results will be posted 10/12/2016
Preference given to applicants in the following order:
|No minimum income requirement|
|1 Person Household – $ 37,700|
2 Person Household – $ 43,100
3 Person Household – $ 48,500
|30% Adjusted Household Income|
|1 person in studios and one bedrooms|
|2 persons in studios and 3 persons in one bedrooms|
|No Parking Available|
Building Paid Utilities
|Water, Sewer and Trash are paid by the building.|
Tenant Paid Utilities
|Tenants pay own utility bills for Gas Heating, Electricity, Cable, Phone, and Internet.|
|Criminal History Standard: Qualified applicants with criminal history will be considered for housing in compliance with Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code: Fair Chance Ordinance.|
LINK TO RESIDENT SELECTION CRITERIA
LINK TO LOTTERY APPLICATION
LINK TO TNDC APPLICATION NOTICES