1. Community Garden
There is a lot of work to be done at the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s (TNDC) Tenderloin People’s Garden, and volunteers are always welcome.
Volunteer during open hours. The garden is regularly staffed Monday – Friday.
TNDC Tenderloin People’s Garden Volunteer Schedule:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10 am – 12 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 3 pm – 5 pm
We can use help in the following areas:
- Volunteer during open hours. The garden is regularly staffed Monday – Friday. Feel free to drop-in and we are happy to set you up with an orientation and all the tools necessary. No experience necessary, we work with all skill levels!
- Help us harvest and distribute food at a Harvest Day–second and fourth Wednesdays of every month, with the exception of rainy days.
- Volunteer as a group with your company or organization!
Please note we are not scheduling volunteer groups at this time. Please check back in late Spring 2018. Individuals are welcome to drop in at the garden during open hours.
Urban Agriculture Supervisor
2. Tenderloin After-School Program (TASP)
If you have a few hours during the week and want to inspire young minds, then volunteering at TNDC’s After-School Program (TASP) is for you! The Center serves youth between the ages of 7-18 years old and is a safe, supportive space for kids. TASP offers a range of free educational, cultural, artistic, and physical activities. The program is especially eager to enlist volunteers who have strong academic skills to provide tutoring in all subjects, including reading, math, science, and history.
Please note that volunteers must make a minimum six-month commitment and volunteer between 4-6 hours every month. A background check is required.
Monday – Friday: 1 pm – 6 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 6 pm – 8 pm (teen homework sessions)
Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Senior Program Supervisor – Academics
3. Neighborhood Pantries
Willie B. Kennedy Neighborhood Pantry (1239 Turk Street)
Monday: 10-1 am
Kelly Cullen Community Neighborhood Pantry (210 Golden Gate)
Thursday: 8-11:30 am, 1-3 pm
Food and Nutrition Supervisor
4. Other Volunteer Opportunities*
Occasionally we have other volunteer opportunities available, such as working in our administrative offices, running a food or supplies drive, hosting a fundraising event at your company, or supporting one of the community events for our residents.
Please note we are not scheduling volunteer groups at this time. Please check back in late Spring 2018.