1. Community Garden
There is a lot of work to be done at the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation’s (TNDC) Tenderloin People’s Garden, and volunteers are always welcome.
Volunteer during open hours. The garden is regularly staffed Monday – Friday.
TNDC Tenderloin People’s Garden Volunteer Schedule:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 10 am – 12 pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 3 pm – 5 pm
We can use help in the following areas:
- Volunteer during open hours. The garden is regularly staffed Monday – Friday. Feel free to drop-in and we are happy to set you up with an orientation and all the tools necessary. No experience necessary, we work with all skill levels!
- Help us harvest and distribute food at a Harvest Day–second and fourth Wednesdays of every month, with the exception of rainy days.
- Volunteer as a group with your company or organization! Please contact Haley Caldwell, Volunteer and Corporate Oureach Coordinator at (415) 358-3944 or email@example.com to arrange your visit.
Urban Agriculture Supervisor
2. Tenderloin After-School Program (TASP)
If you have a few hours during the week and want to inspire young minds, then volunteering at TNDC’s After-School Program (TASP) is for you! The Center serves youth between the ages of 7-18 years old and is a safe, supportive space for kids. TASP offers a range of free educational, cultural, artistic, and physical activities. The program is especially eager to enlist volunteers who have strong academic skills to provide tutoring in all subjects, including reading, math, science, and history.
Please note that volunteers must make a minimum six-month commitment and volunteer between 4-6 hours every month. A background check is required.
Monday – Friday: 1 pm – 6 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday: 6 pm – 8 pm (teen homework sessions)
Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Senior Program Supervisor – Academics
3. Other Volunteer Opportunities
Occasionally we have other volunteer opportunities available, such as working in our administrative offices, running a food or supplies drive, hosting a fundraising event at your company, or supporting one of the community events for our residents.
- Our Health & Wellness Program needs weekly volunteers to help our Community Food Pantry site in partnership with the SF-Marin Food Bank on Mondays at 10 am. Contact Kamillah Gallofin, Health & Wellness Program Manager, at (415) 358-3979 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
Volunteer and Corporate Outreach Coordinator