Howard Street Apartments
February 03, 2012|
Donated to TNDC by St. Anthony Foundation, 1601-17 Howard Street is comprised of 12 two-bedroom units. It also houses the Sage Lounge, a popular local establishment, as well as a photography studio and private investigator’s office. Acquired in August of 1996, TNDC renovated the common areas, exterior, and building systems beginning in the summer of 1998 with the living units renovated later. The estimated $500,000 renovation was funded by a loan from the San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, and the San Francisco Arts Commission.
- Unit Mix: 12 two-bedrooms, 2 commercial spaces, 1 live-work space
- Completed: 1999
- Population: Low and Extremely Low-Income Families
- Construction: Rehab
- Total Development Cost: 1 M
- Financing Sources: San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing, the Local Initiatives Support Corporation, and the San Francisco Arts Commission.
- TNDC Role: Developer, Property Manager
Location: 1601-1617 Howard Street, San Francisco
Photo by Mark Ellinger